What Professional Teeth Whitening Offers That Store Kits Can’t
People often wonder why they should opt for much more expensive professional teeth whitening solutions instead of cheaper over-the-counter teeth whitening products. Over-the-counter teeth whitening products can cost between $40-$100 whereas profession home teeth whitening kits can cost between $ 100 to $400 and professional teeth cleaning can cost upwards of $650.
Here are some difference between professional teeth whitening and home teeth whitening kits
About Professional Teeth Whitening
While professional teeth whitening is a fairly simple procedure, it required adequate skill to perform towards avoiding a form of injury to the gum area. These treatments can last between 60 to 90 minutes and can be quite expensive. However, they can offer you much whiter teeth in a single session.
Professional teeth whitening involves the following steps and procedures:
- Professional cleaning of your teeth if required.
- Recording the current shade of your teeth.
- Isolating the mouth with a gauze towards keeping your teeth dry.
- Placing a barrier towards protecting your gums from exposure of the teeth whitening agents.
- Application of bleaching agents such as carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide.
- Certain bleaching agents also require a curing light or a laser to activate the peroxide.
- You will rinse your teeth once the optimum shade is achieved.
- A fluoride solution might be applied to your teeth towards preventing sensitivity of the teeth.
- You might require additional visits to achieve your desired shade.
Post your professional teeth whitening, your dentist will recommend you to avoid food and beverages having a high amount of pigments for 1-2 days. This can include tea, coffee, tomato juice and sauce, red wine, etc. Smoking and chewing tobacco also need to be avoided.
Profession Home Teeth Whitening Kits
These are an economical option to in-office teeth whitening procedures. These are do-it-yourself kits which can be bought from your dentist or your local pharmacist. These home teeth whitening kits need to be performed over at least an hour every day for 1-2 weeks.
If you wish to improve your smile and have a whiter and brighter teeth, you can book an appointment with us.. Dr Susan J. Curley can examine your teeth and offer appropriate teeth whitening solutions to meet your needs and budget.