Best Foods And Drinks For Healthy Teeth And Gums
People have control over their diet for weight loss but this is equally important for your dental health. You must keep a check over your food intake so as to avoid any issues such as gum disease, cavities, etc.
Best food and drinks for healthy teeth and gums
Top 10 foods and drinks that one should consume to improve the health of teeth and gums are:
1. Leafy Greens – Leafy greens which may include kale and spinach are rich in vitamins and minerals and this can strengthen teeth and gum.
2. Cheese – Cheese is rich in calcium and helps give the right pH to mouth. This keeps bacteria away.
3. Yogurt – Rich source of protein, calcium and probiotics, makes yogurt a smile-friendly food. As it strengthens the teeth.
4. Green Tea – As Green tea is full of antioxidants, it helps keep Gingivitis and gum disease away.
5. Apples – As apple involves a lot of chewing, it helps to remove the plaque.
6. Celery – Celery comes loaded with water, vitamins and minerals and thus it is an ideal food choice for oral health.
7. Almonds – Almonds have rich source of protein which helps scrape and brush teeth.
8. Peppers – Peppers are rich in Vitamin C and have anti-inflammatory properties which are good for healthy teeth and gums.
9. Citrus Fruits – Fruits such as lemons, pineapple, strawberries and kiwi are rich in Vitamin C and good for optimum oral health.
10. Milk – Milk is rich in calcium, Vitamin D and protein. It thus provides nutrients against gum disease and also strengthens your teeth.
Tips And Tricks For Healthy Teeth
You cannot ensure better dental health just by eating the right food. For healthy teeth and gum, you need to practice good oral hygiene.
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Use high-quality toothbrush.
- Don’t brush immediately after eating.
- Avoid eating hard foods.
- Drink plain and plenty of water.
- Make a regular dental visit.